Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The job hunt continues…

I have been looking for a full time position for next September, as I have only been working half time with a LTO on the side. This round of posting is very short, as the positions are posted on Monday, with interviews starting on Tuesday and job offers come on Friday at noon.

Resumes are to be sent by fax, and I don’t trust fax machines, so my anxiety levels were quite high. One never really know if the fax has gone to the right place or even made it to the desired location in the first place.

I’m much calmer now though, as I got 6 offers for interviews out of the 10 jobs that I have applied to. As the calls came into the school and on my cell phone, I got more and more excited, as I had options to choose which job I would like.

One school I interviewed at today even went as far to say that I’m the only one they are interviewing. Boy, did that make me feel good! The other school had a very cute VP, but I didn’t get a very good vibe from the interview. The philosophy of the teachers in the school didn’t seem to match what I would like to do in my teaching practice.

Three more interviews to go, hopefully, I get some more good feelings from the schools this coming week.

My fingers, along with everything else are crossed.

No comments: