Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Tears to disappointment to relief

I didn’t get the job. AGAIN! The whole idea of having a full time job was so appealing, and it didn’t matter what the conditions would have been. It would have been a team teaching situation, so I wouldn’t have as much control as I prefer, but also would have provided time to really perfect a program. I talked to my principal today, and she was reluctant to let me go, which is a good thing. I will be likely taking a half position with a smaller class, which would be more ideal to work with.

The good side of this whole thing is that I get to stay with my staff and most of the same students. There is still a possibility of the LTO being extended after December, but that is up in the air. If something I loose the morning job after December, I would have to look to another school to take a half time position. It was one of my worst fears to be in a situation where I would have to commute between two schools.

Alas, the right job will arrive at the right time… things are just getting so complex.

No comments: